How This Works
We believe that collecting and sharing knowledge about children’s life experiences can help us ensure that all children thrive. This online Field Guide is the first step in that process – empowering you to make sense of data on childhood well-being and start making change in your community.
Here we’ve provided you with an introduction to the research, a deeper dive into the data, our recommendation for taking action and an opportunity to connect and share stories with other change-makers.
I’m new to the MDI. Can I get more basic info?
We built this guide to be:
This resource will grow and change over time as we work together to assemble the best tools to enable data-driven conversations and solutions to improve middle years health and well-being.
Fostering well-being in the middle years is challenging work, as is translating research into action. Much of this is new territory, and we can use this opportunity to be open and forthcoming with challenges and feedback as we work through this together.
We know you’re already doing innovative, amazing work that matters – and we want to share your successes and creativity far and wide.
We need your help to continue to refine these tools, and tell us what’s working and what isn’t. This is designed as a collective effort from the start.
Our goal is to support educators, families, and children to chart their own course toward improving the lives of children during these critical years of growth and transition.
HOW this guide is structured:
- The Core Ideas of Well-Being
- Understanding your MDI Data
- Sharing Data and making meaning together
- Choose a focus
- Explore how you can take action today and in the future
- Our advice for keeping your change work going
- Catch up on latest news, research and events
- Share stories and ideas with other changemakers across the province and the country
- Connect directly with HELP for questions, suggestions and ideas