Welcome to the MDI Trainer Network.
Let’s do some great work together.
This MDI Trainer Network is for anyone who is working to collect data with the MDI, and anyone working with that data to improve child well-being in their community.
Each month, we’ll be posting a summary of the content you need to know:
- Invitations to webinars and links to recorded content (Full Calendar)
- Steps MDI Administrators need to complete during the month, and links to the required resources
- Stories from one or more MDI champions to help put a first-person perspective on the MDI Journey
- Links to related posts and resources you may find helpful
Thanks for all your work helping us collect data last year, and for joining us in 2018.
This month’s goals:
- Pat yourself on the back for the incredible work you and your team completed to collect data in your district.
- If you haven’t already, remind survey administrators to complete the MDI Feedback survey. We want to know what went right, what went wrong, and how we can make next year’s MDI process smoother for everyone.
- Begin thinking about how you may wish to meet and share MDI results once school reports are released in February.
For our webinar this month, we’ll be talking to Peter Dubinsky of SD41 (Burnaby) and Janelle Zebedee and Tricia Penny of SD23 (Central Okanagan) about their process for working with school data. We’ll also introduce our new online school report interface.
Peter Dubinsky is Director of Instruction for Burnaby School District and has been an MDI champion for many years. Much of his work focuses on bringing social-emotional learning into Burnaby’s schools and working with the community to develop robust after-school and out-of-school programming for all of Burnaby’s students.
Janelle Zebedee and Tricia Penny are the Health Promoting Schools Coordinators for the Central Okanagan School District. They work with each of the schools in SD23 to use MDI data in their plans to enhance the well-being of their students.
This month, MDI School Reports make their way online, and our webinar focuses on something we all need more of: Sleep.
This month’s goals:
- Access your school reports through our online interface.
- Prepare to share data with school leadership, teachers, staff, and students.
- Consider which dimensions or measures of well-being you’d like to concentrate on for this coming year.
February’s webinar will adopt a different model: we’ll be diving deeply into one topic: Sleep. We’ll explore how quality sleep is critical to well-being in the middle years, share new research highlights, and investigate what our own collected MDI data tells us about how well our kids are sleeping.
Questions about the MDI?
Ask Away. We’ll be happy to point you in the right direction.
Share Your Story
Let us help you share your ideas, tools, and success stories for making change in schools and communities.
Preparing a big presentation? Reaching out to a new audience? We’d love to connect and offer our assistance.